Will Run for Beer (Virtual Event for Charity)
With so many events moving to a virtual model, why not turn your pre-COVID weekly pub run into a beer relay? The Run the Rainbow Virtual Beer Relay, sponsored by Runabout Sports, is an inclusive event to celebrate everything that’s important to the running community.
- Register by June 3 to be guaranteed a shirt.
You can do it alone or with appropriately-distanced friends to show support for the Roanoke Outside Foundation, the 5019(c)3 organization that’s behind some of your favorite events, such as the Blue Ridge Marathon and GO Fest.
Since we can’t raise a beer together, let’s do it virtually (as part of a run, of course).
Here’s how it works:
- Register online. The $30 registration gets you a sweet shirt and automatic donation to Roanoke Outside.
- Pick a date between Friday, June 26 and Tuesday, June 30 to run your relay. A team of four is recommended but you can do it with fewer people.
- Pick a safe location, preferably your back yard, mark off a .25 mile stretch or loops around your yard.
- Set up a station with 4 beers; pour each in a 12-oz cup. (We highly recommend a Starr Hill beverage. Why not try the new Pixie Pineapple Gose (bright and fresh flavor) or Front Row Golden Ale (easy drinking low ABV)? Order online and pickup here.
- Then drink, run .25, and repeat with each team member. (More details about beer relay rules on the Facebook event page.)
- Share your times, funny costumes, or decorated bibs on social media using #roanokerainbowrun #teamrunabout #roanokeoutside so the whole running community can cheer you on!
No worries if you aren’t feeling the beer and running thing. (We know it is not for everyone; feel free to substitute with any beverage of your choice.)