We’re Hiring an Event Manager
Do you have demonstrable experience managing large events? Then we want you to come work with us.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is responsible for all current and future events organized by Roanoke Outside. Current signature events include the Blue Ridge Marathon, GO Outside Festival, Go Cross, and Banff Mountain Film Festival and Expo. The position is also responsible for exhibiting at other regional events. Best candidate will be organized, have experience with large events, have an entrepreneurial drive, the ability to build collaboration, foresee obstacles, provide customer service, cultivate and manage sponsorships, and develop and implement marketing strategies.
REPORTS TO: Director of Roanoke Outside.
WORKS WITH: Executive Director and Director of Marketing of the Roanoke Regional Partnership, event partners, and regional stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of events including but not limited to:
- Coordinate committee meetings
- Develop event partnerships
- Leverage community partners
- Marketing and public relations of each event
- Budget management for each event
- Ensure permit compliance and venue reservations for each event
- Arrange vendors (timing company, sound rentals, caterer, food, awards, etc.)
- Management of websites and social media channels
- Obtain and cultivate sponsors
- Secure appropriate merchandise
- Provide customer support to participants and vendors
- Prove ROI for investors and sponsors with data driven post-event analysis
- Volunteer management
- Solve all problems
- Collaborate with Director of Marketing to develop and implement marketing plan.
- Oversee and provide direction for the design of marketing graphics, sponsor decks, web content, billboards, event shirts and medals, merchandise, digital ads, etc.
- Develop and implement participant communication strategy (e-newsletters, etc.).
- Manage content and functionality of event websites, event apps and social media sites for effectiveness.
- Shoot and edit videos and photos.
- Represent Roanoke Outside at local events after hours and on weekends.
- Develop new events and programs that further the mission of Roanoke Outside.
- Manage additional special projects as assigned.
- And other duties as assigned.
- Ability to see big picture and plan up to a year in advance.
- Experience with event management (creating and implementing events from start to finish).
- Self-motivator with ability to approach job responsibilities from an entrepreneurial perspective and operate with minimal supervision.
- Experience with permit applications (National Park Service, ABC, local governments, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Experience setting and managing event budgets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, primarily Outlook and Excel, and Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with Word Press and Squarespace content management.
- Strong social media skills.
- Understanding of the mission and goals of Roanoke Outside and the Roanoke Regional Partnership.
- Strong interpersonal skills that forge productive working relationships.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- This is a full-time position.
- Anticipated starting salary is $40,000 and dependent on experience.
- Benefits include full health and dental insurance, life insurance, company contributions to retirement account, cell phone, and monthly parking at our office.
- Sell your event management experience in your cover letter.
- Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
- Please put “Event Manager” in the subject line.
- Deadline to apply is May 17, 2021.