Join the #Trashtag Challenge
Tag! You’re it!
The Roanoke Outside team spent a little time picking up trash as part of the #trashtag movement on social media, and we’re challenging you to join in as well.
This is how you do it:
- Pick a location that needs a little TLC.
- Take a photo before you start and after you finish.
- Post to social media using #trashtag, #trashtagVA, #cvc and #roanokeoutside.
- Tag a few friends to challenge them to do the same!
Want a great opportunity to join the challenge? Put together a team for Clean Valley Day on April 6. The Clean Valley Council needs volunteers for the annual spring cleanup. All the supplies are provided.
Get involved in a group cleanup for the #Trashtag Challenge:
- Clean Valley Day – SE Cleanup: Saturday, April 6, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- RunAbout Sports Cleanup: Saturday, April 6, 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- C&C Runners Community Cleanup: Tuesday, April 11, 6-8 p.m.
- River Clean-Up with Roanoke Mountain Adventures: Tuesday, April 16, 4-7 p.m.
And there’s Earth Day on April 22. (It’s hard to find a better reason to love the outdoors than that.)
Roanoke Outside #Trashtag By the Numbers
- 100 feet of fence line
- 30 minutes
- 2 bags of trash
- 2 thank yous from drivers passing by