#GivingTuesday is Dec. 1, 2020
The kick-off to the end of year charitable giving season starts with #GivingTuesday on Dec. 1. For Roanoke Outside, it’s one of the few times of year we directly ask for your help.
Your donation means more than ever. The majority of our revenue comes from the events we put on which have been severely impacted by COVID-19. Not only does money coming into Roanoke Outside help support the outdoor community – to date we’ve donated more than half a million to 30+ nonprofits – but it also pays the salary of our only full-time employee.
If you believe in the work we are doing, please donate this year. Your contribution to the Roanoke Outside Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable organization, will help us continue elevating the role the outdoors plays in growing the region’s economy.
Here are a few things we’re particularly proud of:
- Changed the community narrative of the region to one of a healthy, active outdoor community which led to Roanoke being named Top Adventure Town … again
- Launched Project Outside, which has raised more than $100,000 to support outdoor capital improvement projects, maintain key outdoor assets, and help launch and support businesses in the outdoor sector
- Spearheaded outdoor infrastructure improvements including a dock at Carvins Cove, five river and lake access points, and the first phase of the Morningside bike park
- Keep RoanokeOutside.com up and running (and packed with information)
- Produce weekly Get Outside newsletter designed to connect people with the outdoors
- Donated more than half a million dollars to 30+ other local nonprofits that help develop our outdoor culture and infrastructure
- Consult with local outdoor entrepreneurs, businesses, and parks and recreation departments
- Started outdoor mentor programs in partnership Big Brothers Big Sisters, Roanoke Parks and Recreation, and Humble Hikes
- Conducted a regional outdoor infrastructure needs assessment
- Continue to grow the Blue Ridge Marathon, Go Cross, and GO Outside Festival into national caliber events
#GivingTuesday is Dec. 1, but you can make your donation at any time. No amount is too small. Thank you!