Blue Ridge Marathon Supports Community Nonprofits
You’re doing more than just running America’s Toughest when you participate in the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon, you’re also giving back to the community.
The Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon is April 18. Registration is open.
You’ve probably taken note of the hundreds of volunteers you meet at packet pickup, along the course, and at the finish festival. While community groups and nonprofits work diligently to ensure you have a good race experience, the Blue Ridge Marathon donates proceeds from the race to help them support their missions.
In 2020, 15 nonprofit groups will split a share of more than $15,000.
- Grandin Theatre Foundation
- Northside High School Band Boosters
- FCA – Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Junior League of Roanoke Valley
- Children’s Miracle Network Dance Marathon
- Slam Duncan’s Children’s Charity
- Rotary Club of Roanoke – Downtown
- Roanoke Valley Chapter of the Virginia Tech Alumni Association
- Kiwanis Club of Roanoke
- Roanoke Catholic School
- Temple Emanuel Sisterhood
- Cave Spring High School Band Boosters, Inc.
- Rotary Clube of the Blue Ridge New Generations
- Roanoke Valley Devo Junior Mountain Bike Team
To date, the Blue Ridge Marathon has given back $216,250 to community organizations. And that’s something you can feel good about.
You can learn more about volunteering for the race – or sign up for a spot – here.