5 Ways to Participate in Race Weekend (Running Not Required)
The countdown is on for the Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon, Half Marathon, Anthem Star 10K, and Carilion Children’s Family One-Miler. The races are Saturday, April 21, and we hope you’ll be part of all the excitement surrounding race weekend in the Roanoke Region.
5 ways to participate in race weekend
- Run or walk the Anthem Star 10K or participate in the Carilion Children’s Family One-Miler with your family. You can register online through Tuesday at midnight or register on site Friday at the Expo (no race-day registration available).
- Cheer on the runners from a spot along the course (bonus points for having a creative sign).
- Volunteer on race day (it’s not too late).
- Come to the Finish Festival and congratulate a runner (track your pals along the way on the race app).
- Get your groove on with live music at Down by Downtown (three days of live music, starting Thursday).
Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon
- When: April 21, races start at 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Start and finish at Elmwood Park
- Finish festival: Expect to find food trucks, craft beer, artists and vendors and plenty of live music starting at 9 a.m.
- Down by Downtown: Get moe. tickets online; Friday pre-race concert is free
- Road closures in effect during the event