Get Your Groove On … For 3 Straight Days
Down by Downtown kicks off Thursday with three days packed with live music … and craft beer from Ballast Point Brewing. (What’s better than listening to some sweet sounds and sipping a brew?)
You’ll have plenty of chances to see some great local bands and national acts at venues all over town.
And here’s the best part – many of the acts take stages at different times so you can plan to visit multiple venues each day to make the most of your Down by Downtown Experience.
Ballast Point Down by Downtown features three days of music, with shows at venues throughout downtown Roanoke. (Many of the events are free, but some do have cover charges or tickets; check with each venue for specific event information.) You’ll get to see incredible performances at the outdoor amphitheater at Elmwood Park and acoustic shows in more intimate settings. Plus, it all coincides with Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon race weekend. More than 30 acts will take stages throughout the week and at Saturday’s finish festival.
What about tickets? The only event with ticket presales is the Saturday Lotus concert. Other events may (or may not) have cover charges, but don’t worry the music will definitely be worth it. Visit each venue for more information on specific events.
Here’s the weekend lineup:
Thursday, April 20
- Empty Bottles at Wall Street Tavern
- The Plate Scrapers at Martin’s
- Chris Stapleton at Berglund Center
Friday, April 21
- Half Moon at Wall Street Tavern
- Joshua Gilliland at Soaring Ridge
- MC Broom & the Jam at Elmwood Park
- TreeHouse! + Roots of a Rebellion + Elusive Groove at Martin’s
- Soulacoustic at FPS Roanoke
- Garrett Speer at Sidewinders
- Monster Atlantic at The Spot on Kirk
- Black Mountain Revival at Fork in the Market
Saturday, April 22
- Lotus at Elmwood Park
- Broccoli Samurai at Elmwood Park
- Hayley Jane & the Primates at Elmwood Park
- Trae Pierce & The T-Stones at Martin’s
- The Band Concord at The Spot on Kirk
- Lipbone Redding at Blue 5
- Larry Frick at Sidewinders
- Jody Ensor at FPS Roanoke
- Kris, Brittany, Henry at Elmwood Park (Blue Ridge Marathon Finish Festival)
- John McBroom & Kris Hodges at Elmwood Park (Blue Ridge Marathon Finish Festival)
- Seph Custer & The Pap Tom Band at Elmwood Park (Blue Ridge Marathon Finish Festival)